Friday, May 6, 2011

Reflections on Trial Garment #4

By the time I was done sewing it up, I was on my last legs. So my reflections on it come from blurry-eyed recollections.

I recalled it being rather tight. However, reviewing the limited pics I have of it (didn't take many), it certainly does not show any tightness. So maybe the feeling of tightness has to do with the overly small armhole/excessive inlays around the armhole.

The shoulder slope is off by at least 0.75cm on the double at the tip of shoulder seam to nothing at the neck.

The jacket is too short at the back. I corrected the long back balance without extending the hemline. 2 to 3cm will be added to the back hem.

Otherwise the jacket makes a good impression. I have left enormous inlays in the jacket, and now it is time to trim most of it away.

The next step is to learn to make pockets on scraps before making it on the trial garment. By then, my mega parcel from the US should have arrived and with it the cotton domette I need to make up the canvas (I have hymo and haircloth with me).

I will try to go as far as possible with Trial Garment #4 until I make an irreversible error and have to start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment